A 10 Page Research paper: Writing Tips
Posted date: Feb 26, 2018
Most students consider writing big research or term papers as a very daunting and boring task, which requires numerous efforts. They desperately search on Google how to write a 10-page paper, as they are not sure that they possess enough skills and competencies to cope with the task well. However, a smart student always knows that to cope with a big and complicated task, one should break it into the smaller pieces. Therefore, if you have such a scary assignment, do not fall into despair. We are here to make your life easier! Best-custom-papers.com is best place to buy a research paper.
Undoubtedly, there are many companies ready to provide their customers with college essay help, but you need to be very careful searching for the cheap online assistance. A vast majority of these paperwritings do not care about your academic reputation, and they will provide you with a low-quality paper. If you want to avoid this trap, learn a few secrets, which would facilitate the writing process. Our simple manual will help you to become a better writer.
10 Page Research Paper Writing Guide
The first and the most effective secret of coping with a 10-pages long research paper is to start working on the project as soon as possible. Check out the following reasons and you will understand why it is necessary to start early:
- Every research paper requires careful work with sources. As such, starting early, you will be able to take the best sources in the closest library or get the opportunity to get the ones located in a faraway one.
- Starting early, you will be able to work with the sources carefully highlighting the ideas important for your research.
- Starting work on your paper as soon as you receive the task, you will be able to rewrite or revise it until it is perfect. Doing a big paper in the last moment, you will not be able to polish it, which will lead to lowering the grades.
- If you waste your time instead of working on the paper, you may later notice that there is not enough information for your topic, and you will have to search for a new one.
Great essays always require numerous efforts, and you should be ready to work hard. However, we assure you that the desired grade is worth all these efforts, as it brings enormous satisfaction for a diligent student. Besides, to write a good research paper, you need to organize the whole process into stages. First and foremost, you have to work on the general overview and then on a few subtopics. Getting the topic, think about it carefully. For instance, create a short questionnaire and ask yourself: is my topic relevant? Does it have some theoretical and practical application? Can I find enough evidence to prove or disapprove my idea? When this questionnaire is done, start brainstorming. We assure you that it is a particularly fascinating process, which enables the writer to express any thoughts or ideas. Brainstorming process is the time when you can apply your imagination, so do not waste this opportunity to explore your topic. Undoubtedly, some of the ideas written on the paper will be rather meaningless, but the others will become the background of your paper.
To organize the writing process efficiently, you need to create a working schedule, organize a research paper timeline, and follow it.
A Common Research Paper Timeline Is as Following:
- Learn more about your topic and make sure you understand it well.
- Go to the library and find good sources relevant to your topic. Make sure to note all the bibliographical information since it will be necessary for creating a reference list.
- Work with sources more carefully. Write a brief overview of each of your sources as it will help you to understand what ideas will be used in your paper. If there are some unknown words, do not hesitate to check their meaning in the dictionary.
- Learn all the information about the citation style. If you need to write a paper in APA, be sure to get aware of all its peculiarities. For example, APA style requires subheadings and abstract. For more details, you may check Purdue OWL manual or any other reliable source.
- After the careful researching, you should know your direction. Pick up five the most interesting aspects, and transform them into your subtopics.
- Start working on your thesis. Many students commit the same mistake making their thesis too simple and stating the idea, which is clear for everyone. However, a good thesis is always controversial and thought-provoking, as your essential task as a researcher is to prove or disapprove it. Moreover, keep in mind that subtopics should be closely connected to your thesis. As for the organization, usually, a thesis is the last sentence of your introduction.
- When the previous tasks are done, start writing your rough draft. Begin with your introduction. A good introduction always catches the reader`s attention and makes him/her follow the flow of writer`s ideas. There are no certain criteria for the length of introduction since everything depends on the overall length of the essay. Most often, introduction consists of a few meaningful sentences, which introduce the topic to the wide audience. Do not fall into despair if you lack some interesting ideas for introduction at the beginning of the writing process. Some students even prefer to write it when the whole paper is written.
- Start working on the main body. As well as the introduction, its length depends on the overall length of the paper. Be sure to divide it into several paragraphs, where each one will explore different subtopic. The main body is the part, where you can demonstrate your work with sources. As such, do not hesitate to put the citations in accordance with the requirements of the writing style.
- The last but the equally important part of your paper is a conclusion. It summarizes your research and empathizes its theoretical and practical value for the subject. Your conclusion should not contain the citations or introduce new ideas. In short, it should be a restatement of the ideas discussed in the paper. However, your conclusion should be meaningful and thought-provoking to leave a positive impression on your reader.
A Few Effective Tips Which Can Help You to Get the Highest Grade
- Avoid plagiarism
Plagiarism is a terrible crime in the academic world, and if a professor notices some plagiarized content in your paper, you will have serious problems with your college or university. To avoid plagiarism, you need to cite everything you take from the outside sources. Also, do not overburden your paper with the quotes of other researchers. We assure you that the professor wants to see an original research. All in all, there are many plagiarism checkers available online, so if you want to be on the safe side, do not hesitate to use them.
- Check your grammar
Even if you demonstrate perfect research and organization skills, minor grammar mistakes will lower your chances to get the desired grade. Once your research paper is written, be sure to read it for a few times to make sure to fix all punctuation, spelling, and grammar mistakes.
- Meet your deadline
If you have a loyal professor, he will allow you to resubmit the late paper, but who needs the problems? Meeting your deadline, you will prove that you are a responsible student who deserves the highest grade.
- Ask for assistance
If you do not know how to write a 10 page research paper, you can address your professor and ask for assistance. He will provide you with the effective manual, which will make the writing process easier. Or you can order research paper online.
In conclusion, one should admit that writing a big research paper is a truly complex and time-consuming process, but a determined and goal-oriented student can easily cope with it. All you need to understand is that your research paper is one more way to succeed in your college. So if you received such a task, do not fall into despair and do not try to find how to write a 10 page paper in one night in Google. Organize the working process smartly and become a professional writer!